The cloud is everywhere, and drone technology is no exception. Our Kespry Cloud platform has come a long way since Kespry was created back in 2013, created as a way to enable customers to store, analyze and get value from the data they were collecting with Kespry’s drones. After years of work in the field, the idea to further enhance the Kespry Cloud came about when we started working with our insurance customers. After weeks working side by side with our partners doing roof inspections in the field, we learned that the tools for roof inspection were very different from those needed for aggregates, mine planning, and construction.
We knew there had to be a better way to inspect high-resolution photos from the job site and create a multitude of different reports. The Kespry Cloud quickly became a faster, easier, more accurate and cost-effective way to inspect, measure, analyze and report.
With the Kespry Cloud, we can provide a drone data and analytics solution for market leaders in mining and aggregates, insurance and roofing businesses. Below are just some of the top features and benefits of the Kespry Cloud, highlighting how applying innovative technology to age-old manual processes can significantly impact your business to save both time and money:
- Automated Analysis: Once the drone data has been captured, it is uploaded to the Kespry Cloud. With the Kespry inspection solution, fast processing and mobile tools enable access to drone data within minutes, providing “in the field” analysis and claims decisions in as little as 1 hour. For aggregates, mining, and construction, Kespry automatically generates 2D and 3D models of the entire site ready for analysis.
- Business Insights: The Kespry Cloud can provide analytics and reports in minutes. For insurance applications, high-resolution roof reports using industry standard processes such as test squares and dimensional analysis can be used to resolve claims decisions or be shared with claims processing systems. Aggregates, mining, and construction users can generate stockpile volumes, cut/fill analysis, and detailed topography across an entire site. This analysis can then be outputted to the system or process used to plan and manage that site.
- Improved Communication: Kespry Cloud data is shareable with anyone, no matter where you’re working in the current climate of distributed workforces. Everything captured and analyzed can be electronically distributed to colleagues, which is especially important in this era of distributed workforces.
- Security: Loose integrations and poor data management represent unacceptable risks to enterprise customers and the drone industry has had to adjust. Customers recognize the value of sending data to the cloud, but they require assurances that the data is secure. That security needs to be clear through every step of the workflow, and may have to be able to stand up to review from several stakeholders. Stakeholders can access, share, and export data from the Kespry Cloud to where it’s most needed easily. An end-to-end intelligence platform ensures customers a secure transfer of data from acquisition to action.
There are plenty of industries that can benefit from utilizing the Kespry Cloud, and the list is only growing. The main industries and early adopters of this innovative cloud platform are insurance and mining and aggregates. Below we list specific use cases on how smart inspection is being used today:
- High-resolution roof reports
- Accurately determine distances, elevations, and volumes
- Delivers more accurate risk assessments
- Dramatically decrease claim cycle times, eliminate ladder assists, and deliver comprehensive reports
- Mining and Aggregates
- Generates 2D and 3D models of the entire site ready for analysis.
- Generate stockpile volumes, cut/fill analysis, and detailed topography
- Produces data that is up to 80% more accurate than manual measurement
- Can capture data sets, with survey-grade accuracy, in as little as 30 minutes
- Inventory management and custom reporting
Although the initial idea for multiple Kespry Cloud versions came from our insurance customers, we also listened to the feedback of dozens of aggregates and mining users to understand where we could improve. In fact, with our latest BYOD [Bring your own Drone] Program you can now bring your own existing drones to us, and be able to access and utilize the Kespry Cloud Platform today!