Last Updated: July 2016
How Kespry Collects Information About You
- User-Provided Personal Information: When you register your Software Application, you may provide to Kespry what is generally called “Personally Identifiable Information,” such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, and other information that can be used to identify you.
- Flight System Data: When you use a Kespry Drone System, the Equipment will capture information during flight and other information that is related to the operation of the System such as raw sensor data, telemetry data, geolocation information, flight and application logs, diagnostic information, performance information, and Software Application usage information. This information may be uploaded to Kespry’s Online Services before, during, or after use of the System.
- “Cookies” Information: When you use the Online Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Kespry may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Online Services. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Online Services to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you use the Online Services or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser and/or email client by using different types of technology, including standard logging, “clear gifs,” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type and operating system, the web pages or services that referred you to the Online Services, the pages you view on the Online Services, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Online Services.
How Kespry Uses Information About You
- Kespry uses the information that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide the System. We will use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, or regarding any of your submissions (such as your registration). We will use geolocation information, raw sensor data, telemetry data, diagnostic information, performance information, flight and application logs, and other data to operate the equipment during flight, to help maintain and support the equipment between flights, and to create the Visual Information delivered to you via the Online Services.
- Kespry uses Personally Identifiable Information to personalize your experience of the Online Services. For example, when you log back in, we may welcome you back to the Online Services by name, present you with a customized user interface.
- Kespry may use all of the information that you provide or that we collect and/or aggregate to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the System works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Kespry may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize our Online Services, such as by remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it the next time you visit the Online Services; (b) provide customized third party content and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Kespry and third-party marketing activities; and (d) monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.
- Kespry may use your email address or other Personally Identifiable Information to send promotional email related to products or services that we think may interest you. You may have the ability to opt-out of receiving some of these communications by updating your account settings through the Online Services or clicking on links embedded in such messages.
How Kespry Shares and Discloses Information About You
We are not in the business of selling your information! We do, however, need to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of circumstances in the ordinary course of operating our business. For example:
- We may provide Personally Identifiable Information to trusted partners who work with or on behalf of Kespry pursuant to confidentiality obligations. These companies may use your personal information to help Kespry communicate with you about Kespry. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- Kespry may work with third party service providers to provide web service hosting and maintenance as well as other services for us. In the course of performing services for Kespry, these providers may have access to or process your Personally Identifiable Information, data uploaded by the System, and any Visual Information prepared for you. Generally, these disclosures are made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information for the purpose for which it was provided.
- Kespry may also disclose your information in the good-faith belief that we are required to do so by state or federal law, or in response to a court order, judicial or administrative subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement investigations. Kespry also reserves the right to disclose information as is necessary to protect Kespry or others from fraudulent, abusive, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate uses of the Online Services; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; to protect the security or integrity of the Online Services; or to protect the rights, property, security, and/or safety of Kespry, our users, or third-parties.
In the Event of a Merger or Sale
In the event that Kespry or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, Kespry reserves the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personally-identifiable Information with Kespry, in which case Kespry may not be able to provide some of the features and functionality found on the Online Services to you. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the Online Services. Please note that while your changes may be reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
To protect your privacy and security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting account access to you or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
International Visitors and Customers
The Online Services are hosted in the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States, which does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and by providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
Confidentiality and Security
Kespry employs certain physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to help protect personal information, data uploaded by System, and Visual Information stored for you. Please note, however, that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our systems or safeguards. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Kespry, and you transfer such information to us at your own risk.
If Kespry learns of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Online Services or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Online Services. Kespry may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. Kespry may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com.
The following is a summary of the measures Kespry takes to protect your information and descriptions of ways we implement these measures for different types of information you may provide to us:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Kespry uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed on the bottom of most browser windows during SSL transactions.
- Vendors and Partners Kespry works with vendors and partners to protect the security and privacy of user information.
- Employee and Contractor Access to Information Kespry limits access to personal information about you to those employees who we reasonably believe need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.